ShapovalovScores, Ranking, Stats & Matches
|Date of birth||Apr 15, 1999|
Anomalies in statistics
Denis Shapovalov's Career
Last 20 matches statistic
Denis Shapovalov Stats
About Denis Shapovalov
Denis Shapovalov Bio
Although his parents were not Israelis, Canadian tennis player Shapovalov was born in the heart of Tel Aviv, Israel. However, a few months after his birth, his parents moved from Israel to Canada. Denis Shapovalov picked up his love for tennis here and got the nickname Denis Shapo.
Denis Shapovalov Tennis Career
Shapovalov tennis career started like most other pro tennis players. He first played as a junior and showed great promise, winning a couple of titles on the way. However, Shapo’s tennis career turned to a professional level in 2017 when he was selected for the Canadian team. That same year, he played in the Rogers Cup and reached the last four stages of the event. In his last match Alexandr Zverev vs. Denis Shapovalov score was 4-6, 5-7.
First ATP Title and Top 15 Debut
Denis Shapovalov’s ATP ranking got a boost two years after going pro as he got his first ATP title. He started the 2019 season qualifying for several competitions and faced some top players like Roger Federer, Marin Cilic and Novak Djokovic. In fact, he managed to reach the last four rounds of a couple of competitions that year before he was knocked out. As fate would have it, Denis Shapovalov ATP in the Stockholm Open was the first ATP title the player won, defeating Filip Krajinović, 6-4, 6-4. This earned Shapovalov ATP ranking of a top 15 for the first time and probably marked the first of many Denis Shapovalov titles to come.
ATP Cup Champion
The 2022 season started on a rather scary note for Denis. He tested positive for COVID-19 and missed the first game of the ATP Cup. However, Canada was able to progress despite
Denis’s unavailability. The team went on to win the competition, featuring Shapovalov in the final.
After claiming the ATP Cup champion, the Canadian embarked on an attempt to win more Denis Shapovalov titles. He played in the Australian Open but lost to a big name. Rafeal Nadal vs. Denis Shapovalov score was 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 3-6. Denis Shapovalov ranking in September 2022 was no. 24.
Denis Shapovalov Coach
Denis Shapovalov's mother, Tessa, was the player’s coach in the early day’s tennis career. However, as time passed, He hired Martin Laurendeau, who helped polish Shapovalov backhand. Laurendeau was later replaced with Rob Steckley after his injury. Presently, Denis Shapovalov's coach is Peter Polansky.
Denis Shapovalov Net Worth
There is no substantial information about Denis Shapovalov net worth. However, the Canadian tennis player is believed to be worth between $5 million and $7 million. As for his assets, there is little to no information available, although most of his earnings come from prizes he won playing tennis.
Denis Shapo Facts
- Denis is fondly known as Shapo among his close friends.
- He was born on April 15 1999, in Israel. However, his family moved to Canada soon afterwards.
- He can speak fluent Russian since his dad holds Russian ancestry and his mother is Ukrainian Jewish.
- The fact that his mother is a former professional tennis ace proved a great advantage to him as a kid. Apparently, she started training him at the age of 5.
- Apart from tennis, he loves ice hockey as well.
- At the age of 20, Denis met Mirjam Bjorklund, his current girlfriend. It was love at first sight for the athlete.
- The duo has been together since then. On June 26 2020, they even celebrated their two-year anniversary.
- Mirjam is also a professional tennis player from Sweden. The 22-year-old has 6 WTA Challenger titles to her name.
- The lovey-dovey couple often posts their cute pictures on social media sites. They even go on a vacation every now and then to spend some quality time together.
- Denis even credits Mirjam for her support that has helped his growing success on the field.
- He won the ATP Cup with Canada in 2022 after testing positive for COVID-19
- Shapo tennis career record is 155-129 in the ATP Singles
What languages does Denis Shapovalov speak?
The Canadian player speaks Russian, French and Hebrew.
What racket does Denis Shapovalov use?
Denis Shapovalov’s tennis racket is a VCore 95 with PolyTour Strike 125 strings.
When does Denis Shapovalov play next?
You can check this info in the Upcoming matches block to know when Shapo tennis next match is.